Why You Are the Perfect Mom for Your Kids
Do you feel like you’re the only mom who serves store-bought birthday treats, dreads school plays, and misses the days of going to the bathroom by herself?
unNatural Mom gives you permission to say that mothering doesn’t always come naturally to you. Parenting expert and self-proclaimed unnatural mom Hettie Brittz helps you…
- Recognize how unrealistic our culture’s standards of mothering are
- Move beyond the myths of “supermom”
- Complete the Parenting Style Assessment to determine your own parenting style
- Understand and forgive the mothers who hurt you
- Embrace your capabilities as well as your challenges
Come find new hope in discovering that every mother has unique gifts. In Christ, the “unnatural” mom becomes the supernatural mom who is just right for her family!
Paperback: 288 pages
Publisher: David C. Cook (August 1, 2016)
Product Dimensions: 5.5 x 0.7 x 8.2 inches
Shipping Weight: 6.4 ounces
About the Author
Hettie Brittz is an author, international speaker, and one of South Africa’s foremost voices on parenting advice. She is the developer of the Evergreen Parenting Course and Tall Trees Profiles. Hettie and her husband, Gospel singer Louis Brittz, live in South Africa with their three children.
I was born and raised in South Africa, and married the man I fell in love with at first sight. He sang his way into my heart. It's been 25 years. We have three delightful kids (I have very subjective confirmation of this). We homeschool them and absolutely LOVE the adventure.
A few random facts about me:
- I am not a "land animal" - I enjoy long distance swimming more than running around the block - but I fell in love with hiking in 2011 when I joined 47 equally crazy ladies of the Freedom Climb (now called the Freedom Challenge) to climb Kilimanjaro to raise funds for initiatives against human trafficking.
- Maybe all women are complicated, but I may be particularly complex, unless it is normal to derive equal thrill from big game hunting and scrapbooking. I listen to country, 80's rock, CCM and ancient movie soundtracks. I am a coffee snob but all food tastes great to me. It could have something to do with being a terrible cook.
- My favorite author is Frederick Buechner
- I was a speech, language and hearing therapist many years ago and loved working with special needs kids, voice patients and adults with brain injury.
- Hot air balloons speak to me (long story!)
My writing and speaking have a central theme - HOPE. I have never met a person or seen a relationship I don't have hope for. I don't believe in broken. And I have proof. Our family survived an armed robbery in our home in 2010, and I learned first-hand that He who is in us truly is greater than death threats, kidnapping, rape, and any other attempt to devastate those who are in Christ. It's one thing to know the Bible verses, but to experience God's redemption in our darkest night gave me a fierce love for Jesus. Fierce, because I feel I need to fight for others to know this, to know Him, to know truths that set free - forever and completely.
My core calling still is family and parenting (the theme of most of my books), leadership, education and womanhood. I don't see this calling as five separate things at all. Whole and hopeful parents and educators raise whole and hopeful kids who lead the world. See? One thing!
Tall Trees Profiles is a company that grew out of my original ministry - Evergreen Parenting - and extends parenting principles and knowledge of temperament into the corporate sphere. My team and I have trained more than 200 coaches to take these principles, workshops, leadership profiles and courses to families, churches, schools and companies internationally. Seeing others carry my dream for whole relationships beyond my own circle of influence is one of the greatest joys of my life! Their giftedness and passion have added great significance to what would have been insignificant if it was just me doing my own thing. The Body is a beautiful, powerful force! Join us if you are all about relationships!
I guess besides "God has hope for you" my main motto would be "Know your design; live your purpose!"